Please note that all students are required to be in full uniform at all times and this includes the journeys to and from the academy. Below is a summary of our expectations:
- Ditton Park Academy black girls’ blazer with badge
- Ditton Park Academy clip-on tie, which must be worn over a closed top button. Any broken ties will need to be replaced
- Plain white collared shirt with a top button which must be done up; revere-necked blouses are not permitted
- Ditton Park Academy sweater (long-sleeved or sleeveless)
- Plain black, knee-length uniform skirt or plain black preferably classic uniform style, tailored straight-cut trousers. Casual “leisure/chino/lycra/boot-leg style”, which are tight on the thighs nor excessively flared at the ankle are not allowed. Tight fitting trousers are not appropriate.
- Open belts are not allowed
- Plain black knee-length socks or plain black opaque tights
- Plain black low heeled fully enclosed leather shoes. Any logos or branding must be discreet. No trainers, boots, open-toed, high heeled or other unsuitable footwear is allowed. Shoes that are robust enough for poor weather should be purchased. Fashionable shoes are not necessarily appropriate. Laces and soles on shoes must be black.
- Ditton Park Academy black boys’ blazer with badge
- Ditton Academy clip-on tie, which must be worn over a closed top button. Any broken ties will need to be replaced.
- Ditton Academy sweater (long-sleeved or sleeveless)
- Plain white collared shirt, with a top button which must be done up
- Plain black uniform style tailored trousers
- Plain black socks
- Plain black low heeled fully enclosed leather shoes. No trainers, boots, or other unsuitable footwear is allowed. Shoes that are robust enough for poor weather should be purchased. Fashionable shoes are not necessarily appropriate. Laces and soles on shoes must be black.
P.E. Kit (clearly named)
Students must wear Ditton Park Academy P.E. kit in all P.E. lessons including theory lessons and if not taking part in a practical lesson.
The rules are as follows:
- Ditton Park Academy P.E. Polo Shirt
- Ditton Park Academy P.E. Socks
- Plain Black P.E. Shorts or
- Ditton Park Academy Tracksuit Bottoms and fleece and
- Trainers with non-marking soles or football boots (for field use)
- Optional items include: shin guards, gum shields etc, according to the age of the student and the sport being played.
There are no exceptions to these rules and no other tracksuits, hoodies, sweatshirts etc may be worn. Ditton Park Academy uniform is available to purchase from:
Girls’ and boys’ coats
Plain dark sensible waterproof coats, with no stripes or designs or patterns or slogans on them. No ‘hoodies’, cardigans or tracksuit tops of any description are allowed.
Hairstyles and nails
Students are not to wear extreme hairstyles (e.g. lines shaved into hair, number 1 shave, extreme colours, lengths, Mohican styles etc). The academy reserves the right to decide what is extreme but invites students and parents to ask in advance if they need guidance.
Nail extensions and nail varnish are not acceptable at Ditton Park Academy. (All students will be asked to remove nail extensions and nail varnish.)
Students can wear discreet make-up but nail varnish is not permitted. Lipstick, eye shadow and blusher are not appropriate. False eyelashes are not allowed. Any excesses will be challenged and the academy will reserve the right to decide on what is appropriate.
Hats and scarves
Hats must be plain black or blue and woollen and can only be worn in winter months. Baseball caps are not acceptable. Scarves, including headscarves, must be black and plain. No hats are to be worn in the buildings.
Piercings, jewellery and tattoos
There are to be no piercings at all except for 1 small, plain gold or silver stud in each ear. No deviation from this rule will be allowed due to our Health and Safety requirements. No students will be allowed to enter Ditton Park Academy or lessons with other facial piercings. No other jewellery should be worn except for a discreet watch, if required. Students will not be allowed to enter Ditton Park Academy with a visible tattoo. Parents are advised to ensure that their child(ren) know the implications of this rule. Hair decorations or clips must be subtle. Again, the academy reserves the right to decide what is acceptable.
Boys may only wear beards/facial hair for reasons of religious observance, and a written request for permission to do so must first be made by parents to the Vice Principal; otherwise, boys are to be clean-shaven.
Students must bring appropriate equipment to Ditton Park Academy in a plain, dark coloured bag large enough to carry text books home and other equipment. The bag will need to be at least medium size. Only subtle logos permitted. Rucksacks and satchels of that size or larger would be ideal. Students should bring the following items to the academy daily: planner, pencil case containing pens, pencils, a mathematical geometry set (including a 15cm ruler, compasses, protractor, eraser and Set Square), a Casio (FS-85) scientific calculator, and other equipment required for lessons on the day e.g. PE kit or Technology specific. There should be no expectation that the academy will lend students any equipment at all. Those arriving without the minimum requirement will receive an appropriate sanction.
Vest, T-shirts and Other Undergarments
T-shirts, vests and other undergarments worn under white academy shirts must be subtle and plain and not clearly visible.
Please do not bring expensive items, eg iPods, to the Academy - they can be lost or stolen. Staff cannot take responsibility for them or for trying to find them. Mobile phones and tablets are only permitted for the purpose of research to enhance the learning experience. Sending messages and making/receiving calls is not permitted and the item will be confiscated and left at the academy office for an adult to collect. They should not be seen at all other than when staff invite students to use them for learning purposes in lessons.
Valuable items (including bicycles) are brought into Ditton Park academy at your own risk