Associate Director of IT
Scale: £28,831 – 32,955
Hours: Full-Time (52 Weeks), 37 Hours/week
We are looking for a competent Associate Director of IT to join our trust.
The department has a focus on continuous service delivery, and currently serves across 2 sites.
The Associate Director will play a key part in ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations across the trust.
Your goals would be:
- Supporting the daily operations of the team to ensure productivity and in turn to provide exceptional customer service
- Assisting the Director with the implementation of change
- Working with Staff and Students to ensure that their needs are met
- Helping to ensure compliance with rules and regulations
Our ideal candidate would have the ability to oversee multiple responsibilities while maintaining an attention to detail and a motivated/enthusiastic work style.
This would be a perfect step up opportunity for someone currently in a Senior Technician position, or someone looking to expand from a similar role within in a single school.
- 3+ Years’ experience within an IT support/helpdesk environment
- Trained to an MCSA level in Desktop and/or Server technologies, or an equivalent standard
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, including GDPR, Safeguarding and Copyright
- Must be able to travel between sites
- Previous experience within a school
- Previous operations management experience
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012-2019
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- System Center
- Office 365
- Aerohive Wireless
- Dell Network Equipment inc SonicWall
Beneficial Soft Skills:
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking
- Robust organisational skills
- Monitor and oversight of the Helpdesk and support requests
- Ensuring compliance of team to the department SLA
- Reporting of helpdesk performance to the Director
- Pro-actively noticing trends and working with the Director to respond to these
- Acting as a point of escalation within the team, supporting the technicians to help not only resolve issues but to expand their knowledge and critical thinking.
- Providing 3rd line technical support
- Providing 1st/2nd line support when additional capacity is required
- Identifying team training requirements and working with the Director to fulfil these
- Acting as the first escalation point for our end users
- Identifying and overcoming operational barriers to help the team deliver a prompt and exceptional service.
- Working with the Director to develop effective IT solutions based on business needs, issues and drivers.
- Following the departments change management process to suggest and action new ideas.
- Assist in feasibility assessment and requirement gathering activities for assigned projects.
- Acting as project lead where required
- Maintaining project documentation
- Representing the director in their absence.
- Leadership of the team in the Directors absence
- Supporting the management and development of the team
- Supporting school-wide ICT training provision
- Developing rapport with staff at all levels to help understand and support their needs
- Ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Scheduling and co-ordinating support for school events (For example, setup of AV equipment for external visitors)
- Creation of reports where required to send to the director or other key stakeholders
- Fulfil other duties as assigned by the director to meet the needs of the school
It is currently an extremely exciting time for the trust. We are in the early stages of our development. Ditton Park Academy moved into their new building in 2017, Grove Academy is due to move into their new build in the summer.
As we move forward, there will be plenty of opportunities to expand the role in line with the trust’s requirements and your own personal development goals. We are fully committed to developing our staff and presenting them with opportunities to flourish.